onsdag 29 december 2010

Selfridges


When arriving in London, the first thing we did (after checking in to our hotel) was walking up to Oxford Street. It was late afternoon and the streets were lit up by all the Christmas lights. And then I saw the bright yellow sign belonging to Selfidges. I heard the voices of friends warning me to go in but I couldn't help myself. On a more technical note: Selfridges is a chain of high end department stores in the United Kingdom. It was founded by Harry Gordon Selfridge. The flagship store in London's Oxford Street is the second largest shop in the UK (after Harrods) and was opened on 15 March 1909.


Oh and it was wonderful! The lights, the atmosphere and all the sparkling things, I was in heaven. I cursed my small wallet and thought if I'm not splurging out, at least I'm going to take a good look at all the goodies!


I caressed a pair of Louboutin's and I even saw a crazy fun pair of Alexander McQueen shoes! Mum had to drag me out of the shoe department.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar